29 July 2009

Halfway Home!


First off, I apologize for not updating this recently. I truly am surprised it's been three weeks since my last update--it certainly doesn't seem like it's been that long. For any of you still reading this, I'm sorry for the lack of updates.
Secondly, I'm halfway home (not in distance, mind you, but in time). I hope the next three months go by as quickly as the first three.
Life continues to be extremely busy--the squadron has about double the workload as was seen last summer, transporting 6000+ personnel every week in to and out of Afghanistan. In June, we set a record by issuing 10,000,000 gallons of fuel for the month--pretty significant, when you consider how much fuel your car uses. At 20 miles per gallon, you could drive around the earth 8000 times with the fuel we give to aircraft every month.
Anyway, I hope it's not another three weeks before my next post. Again, you, dear reader, have my apologies for missing updates for this long.

2 comments:

The Millers said...

Wahoo!!! We are so excited!! It's all down hill from here right?? At least that's what I keep telling myself on this very hard and long month! But on the other hand starting school and getting this house ready for a move will take up the rest of our time!

Hey, at least you can post to your blog!

KIM said...

Yes yes and more yes, we are still reading and looking for updates. Congrats on the 50% done for this tour.......and keep safe. Interesting fact on the jet fuel.