27 May 2009

The Finer Things

When we in the military deploy, we quickly begin reminiscing about what we miss about home. Some think about drinking water out of the tap, others about drinking any liquid out of a glass or cup. Many think of foods they miss, whether it be good burgers (gotta love In 'N Out!) or a really good steak.

Me? I miss toilet paper and paper towels.

Yes, that's right--do not adjust your screen. The TP and paper towels here are simply atrocious. The denizen manufacturers seem to switch the paper qualities of both. We have TP the thickness and softness of a cheap Wal-Mart paper towel roll. Such is the nature of the paper product, I think I'll pass on elaborating further--I'm sure all who read this understand the point I'm making here.

On the other hand--almost literally, as I'm about to tell you--the local paper product company makes paper towels the same thickness and durability as a cheap toilet paper. The result is a requirement to rub your hands together to get the paper towel off your hands after the attempt to dry your hands. Go ahead, go to your bathroom, grab yourself some TP, and dry your hands after washing. Try it; I'll wait.

Back yet? Not a lot of fun is it? Welcome to my world of paper towels.

When I get home, the first time I go to the bathroom, I think I'm going to cry.

4 comments:

The Millers said...

Oh the guilt! So many comments but right now I can't stop the giggles.
A- is this a result of a 'weak' contract?

Drew said...

So, I could say something smart like "when you start crying at home like you said you might do, remember that the TP that you'll be using is also good for blowing noses and wiping tears away!", but I won't.

Anonymous said...

So what would you like us to send you, Bounty, Charmin or Hostess Ding Dongs?

Praying for you, The Friesens

KIM said...

Hey I will gladly send you some TP. I will get address from your wife........stay safe.....