One of the neatest parts of my job is working with aircraft and the folks that load them. Today I had the honor of assisting load a C-17 headed down range "into the fight" with a bunch of Marines. When Marines walk around the base here, they're typically laughing, joking with one another, and generally enjoying their time as the transit our base--either going into the fight, or going home from it. Today was a different story.
I helped load warriors off to do their duty to God and Country, and it was a sobering thought when I realized there was a real possibility the Marines I helped load today may not walk back home, and instead they may be called upon to give all--going home in a flag-draped box. I think they knew that possiblity, too: when they boarded the aircraft, loaded with their weapons and wearing their body armor, there was no joking, there was no smiling. Each Marine had his game face completely on, ready for whatever awaited their aircraft when they landed at their destination.
It was my honor to serve those warriors, and it once again made this "Long War," as some call it, personal to me. I am reminded of Isaiah's calling in Chapter 6:
"And then I heard the voice of the Master:
'Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?'
'I spoke up, 'I'll go. Send me!'" (Is 6:8, The Message)
Semper Fi, Marines. God bless you and Godspeed.
Skarr Body Armor Review
8 years ago
1 comment:
Hey Cory just wanted to say be safe and we are thinking about you and your family.....it is so nice to be able to post a comment on your blog. We will be following your blog.....
Post a Comment