24 June 2009

My Anniversary

Perhaps the worst part of this deployment is missing my second anniversary in four years. So this post is an open letter to the love of my life. You, my dear are too good to me. I've enjoyed the last 14 years tremendously, and I look forward to the rest (however many years with which we're blessed) with you. I'll call upon the lyrics of the late Stevie Ray Vaughn to finish this post out:
Pride and Joy
by Stevie Ray Vaughn

Well, you've heard about love givin' sight to the blind
My baby's lovin' cause the sun to shine
She's my sweet little thang....she's my pride and joy
She's my sweet little baby....I'm her little lover boy

Yeah, I love my baby....heart and soul
Love like ours wont never grow old
She's my sweet little thang....she's my pride and joy
She's my sweet little baby....I'm her little lover boy

Yeah, I love my lady....she's long and lean
You mess with her....you'll see a man get mean
She's my sweet little thang....she's my pride and joy
She's my sweet little baby....I'm her little lover boy

Well, I love my baby....like the finest wine
Stick with her until the end of time
She's my sweet little thang....she's my pride and joy
She's my sweet little baby....I'm her little lover boy

Yeah I love my baby....heart and soul
Love like ours wont never grow old
She's my sweet little thang....she's my pride and joy
She's my sweet little baby....I'm her little lover boy

1 comment:

The Millers said...

I am laughing at the 14th Anniversary gift you sent me, waiting for me to return to CA! It is totally perfect! Cory I miss your sense of humor! Of course I had to try and explain it to the girls! They didn't get it! The Agate will sit on top!

And I found out I only have this song as a ring tone, not the whole song! I'll have to change that.

Thank you for a beautiful marriage testimony and choosing to be different that how you grew up.